Sign in to follow this  
Atway

The 4th of July skins

Do you want these skins as temporary or permanent?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want these skins as temporary or permanent?

• temporary
    • permanent

Posted (edited)

Lately new "The 4th of July" skins were added to the game

image.png.73c9f7b3de5058021c52428b191b9b68.pngimage.png.ea44f1cce4202eafb23670cd778a481c.png

I`d like to ask: are they temporary as "event skins" or permanent? If temporary, sorry for the panic. If permanent, then its really bad. Why? No, i dont have anything against USA or their flag/symbols/etc. Its cool to have such skins just as event skins like "celebrate our holiday with us! Later we gonna celebrate your holiday with your skins!". But if we have such skins in the game as permanent, players from other countries would like to see their "country skins". So if WW3 will start getting all these not authentic skins, in the nearest future we will have "pride-colored soldiers full of feathers in star glasses with strass and quipped with flag-colored weapons".

Dont make WW3 Fortnite-ish! @Ragir @Borreh or who I need to summon to attract devs attention to it?

What do you think?

Edited by Atway

With no offence, I think it is fairly over-exaggerated to be fair. These are event skins for the independence of a fairly major country, so I think it would make sense if they got theirs. After all, we already have a Polish one but it never started this scenario of people wanting their own country skins. I think it is nice to be able to have your own flag painted onto a gun and it is something a lot of people do with their weapons. I saw a cool one for Germany the other day, nothing ridiculous. Just some stripes on the receiver, and it is nice, I think, to have some skins for countries.

I think it should stay permanent. The devs do not have to add every country skin into the game, and if anything, it is probably something a lot of people want to see for their own country, so I don't see where the issue is in all honesty. There's already body paints for different countries too. Plus, I rarely notice the paint on another player's weapon.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, TCPPolak said:

With no offence, I think it is fairly over-exaggerated to be fair

yea, maybe for now it is. but if we have these skins now, we can have more such stuff in future, amount of which will be only increasing with the time. So i wonder what if in 1 year we have skins for lets say 10 different countries, dozens of not military outfits (like x-mas sweater was) and a lot of other "just for fun" stuff.

30 minutes ago, TCPPolak said:

we already have a Polish one

cant recall Polish weapon skin tbh.

31 minutes ago, TCPPolak said:

nothing ridiculous. Just some stripes on the receiver,

thats it. Some stripes in the receiver are ok, but im talking about such "bright and colored" skins like "4th July" (repeating just to be clear: im ok with USA and their stuff)

Seems like a non issue. If you base decisions you make in life, development, business in general around who it may or may not upset, you'll inevitably talk yourself out of things that would otherwise be very cool and accepted by the majority.

We'll see how it goes, I'm not sure if that's even decided. Right now the problem is that we don't have tech to remove stuff from people's configs and replace it by something else. This is obviously going to be done at some point, but for now the only way to remove stuff is to reset everyone's customization, game is far from being done, so this is not a huge issue for now.

We've already said there will be no pink hello kitty skins in the game, we actually already removed a lot of the more colorful ones to keep it more military, so don't worry about that aspect ;)

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Ragir said:

We'll see how it goes, I'm not sure if that's even decided. Right now the problem is that we don't have tech to remove stuff from people's configs and replace it by something else. This is obviously going to be done at some point, but for now the only way to remove stuff is to reset everyone's customization, game is far from being done, so this is not a huge issue for now.

We've already said there will be no pink hello kitty skins in the game, we actually already removed a lot of the more colorful ones to keep it more military, so don't worry about that aspect ;)

image.thumb.jpeg.d5e0f1b47169111b9eb7f9b1b06d734b.jpeg

I just had to do it. Carry on folks!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 7/8/2019 at 9:45 PM, Dunabar said:

I just had to do it. Carry on folks!

It even has pink bullet casings omggg