Sign in to follow this  
BeatriceJohnes

One simple graphics tweak changed my life forever. Find out which one now...

Anti-aliasing.

It's anti-aliasing. The anti-aliasing was a game changer for me. It opened my eyes on how good this game looks.

For the longest time I had aaaaall of my settings as low as possible because game runs like *it (not really for quite some time but that's besides the point) and I needed that sweet sweet performance (or more like I needed to reduce loads at the start of the match as much as possible). But today I started to notice how jagged everything looks and how because of those pesky edgy pixels I can't see much stuff in the distance, especially when that stuff is hiding behind something like handrails with bars on warsaw. And I decided that it's time to sacrifice some frames for visual clarity. And wow. Just look for yourself:

20190705182912_1.thumb.jpg.8911932486b4330b9a70ca949fa4fca0.jpg20190705182923_1.thumb.jpg.7d87661931e05090bca86816ae0599f2.jpg

(anti-aliasing low)                                                                                                        (anti-aliasing high)   (all other settings are at low-med. sharpen is at 100)

20190705183305_1.thumb.jpg.2bb9cf0649a371da367302afc825bfae.jpg20190705183342_1.thumb.jpg.3acbb4036932100f49356108d8a780c2.jpg

IDK about you but I think it's night and day. Although I have one gripe with it - it makes everything slightly blurry. Just a bit. But enough to be annoying. But besides that it only improves things.

I know it's prob not anything new for many people, especially for those with rigs good enough to not care about settings at all, but if you are like me with all the setting on low - give anti-aliasing a spin. It may not be very taxing on performance and improves both visuals and gameplay (as you can see things MUCH better).

Edited by BeatriceJohnes

too blurry imo. On Smolensk it makes eyes suffer

1 минуту назад, Atway сказал:

too blurry imo. On Smolensk it makes eyes suffer

Yeah, it kinda is. And on ultra it goes not just blurry but also weirdly grainy or something. But imo it's more tolerable than "barb wires" on every single edge.

well, everyone to his own taste ;) I just cant play with AA. Had to play with it for the latest video and when I turned AA back to low, i was so relieved)