Please, add patch version in brackets "[ ]" when making a new thread at front of the title of the topic. Example - [0.1.2], [0.1.5], [0.6.7]. Not needed for two-digit patch versions like [0.1] as each patch have own forum section.
Sign in to follow this  
AddMeForCoOp

[65102] dynamic lighting bug when looking in the direction of a window from inside of a building (video included)

DESCRIPTION OF BUG (required: if the possible provide screenshots or video):

I'm on the latest PTE build. All settings on ULTRA.

I understand that WW3 is trying to adapt the lighting when you are inside and focusing on another part of the building you are in versus looking outside through a window or door.

However, it's bugged in this instance.

When I enter the room the lighting is okay. But as I walk closer to the window, it doesn't behave very realistically. Even though I look at the corner and there is no window in my view, it's still dark. When I look from the inside to the corner, it's fine, but when I look from the window to the corner, it's bugged.

see video: https://www.bitchute.com/video/BDZNe9vq6E4D/

GAME BUILD ID (required: please go to the game's properties on Steam and find it under the local files tab at the bottom): 3954227

STEPS TO REPRODUCE (required): walk into a building and as you approach a window, the corner gets darker, now look at the corner, it should be getting lighter because the player character's eyes should be adjusting. But it doesn't.

Now look in any other direction except the window, and then look at that same corner. It's fine.

SYSTEM SPECIFICATIONS (required for crash or performance issues):

All settings on ULTRA.

AMD RX Vega 56

Intel Core i7 2600K

8GB DDR3 RAM

CRASH LOG (if any):

Posted (edited)
58 минут назад, AddMeForCoOp сказал:

DESCRIPTION OF BUG (required: if the possible provide screenshots or video):

I'm on the latest PTE build. All settings on ULTRA.

I understand that WW3 is trying to adapt the lighting when you are inside and focusing on another part of the building you are in versus looking outside through a window or door.

However, it's bugged in this instance.

When I enter the room the lighting is okay. But as I walk closer to the window, it doesn't behave very realistically. Even though I look at the corner and there is no window in my view, it's still dark. When I look from the inside to the corner, it's fine, but when I look from the window to the corner, it's bugged.

see video: https://www.bitchute.com/video/BDZNe9vq6E4D/

GAME BUILD ID (required: please go to the game's properties on Steam and find it under the local files tab at the bottom): 3954227

STEPS TO REPRODUCE (required): walk into a building and as you approach a window, the corner gets darker, now look at the corner, it should be getting lighter because the player character's eyes should be adjusting. But it doesn't.

It's not a bug. It's HDR. U should wait 3 or 5 secs and u'll see that dark corner slowly but surely is becoming lighted/illuminated.

light.gif.36c6f880dfa35887ad407777ddcac054.gif

Edited by tynblpb

I know what HDR is, just the implementation is bugged / not very realistic. In your .gif, the pillar should be visible better after zooming in on it because there is less daylight hitting the player character's retina. But it gets darker, which is the opposite of what should happen, until you zoom out again.

29 минут назад, AddMeForCoOp сказал:

I know what HDR is, just the implementation is bugged / not very realistic. In your .gif, the pillar should be visible better after zooming in on it because there is less daylight hitting the player character's retina. But it gets darker, which is the opposite of what should happen, until you zoom out again.

It's new lighting on Warsaw. It's just  gif doesn't show how bright that "curtain" is. All what is lighted by sunlight is working as floodlight.